Tuesday, September 11, 2012

SPINING PLATES


Who remembers the guy spinning the plates on the old Ed Sullivan Show?  It was hilarious, and mesmerizing.
He had a long pole, got a plate spinning on top of it, set it down, proceeded to spin another, another and another. He was forever running between the poles to give them a little jerk to keep the plates in the air and turning.  (Today's young whippersnappers just have no idea what they missed every Sunday night!)

I've been spinning lately.

There's the normal spin of laundry, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, pulling a few weeks, and moving dust around the house.

 These past couple of weeks I've added some writing, several meetings involving Human Trafficking, even more e-mails, meetings and phone calls concerning P.I.N.K (mentoring group = Purposeful, Intentional, Nurturing and Kind)  three family birthdays, one friend's funeral, a couple of car trips, the fabulous opportunity of hosting the Ridge Readers book club, volunteering at the local library, and a few secretarial duties for Honeybuns as he prepares for Bible Study Fellowship.

Since this is an important election year, two conventions and their famous speakers were tossed in the mix.

It's enough to give a gal a migraine! 

Spinning a major headache is a task in itself!

Friends have told me I'm WAY TOO BUSY, that now is the time to shut down and relax!

Well, I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm on the back half of life (above 50) and I don't want to waste these years pining over the past or worrying about the future. There's so much to do and enjoy in the now!

Honeybuns is forever encouraging me to get a job!  Whatever for?  Who has time?

Now, where IS my calendar? I need to see where I'm going tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment