Friday, September 7, 2012

ROCKS


You've got to love the English language!  Words have double, triple and even quadruple meanings, sometimes blatant, sometimes very subtle.  Today I'm thinking about rocks because today I want to crawl under a rock! (Hiding place)  You know, withdraw from everything, no calls, no Internet, no interaction with anyone, not even myself.


Usually it means I'm exhausted and/or a bug is trying to win a battle in my body!
Those days are rare but today is an "under the rock" day.
"Under the rock" days allow me time to ponder, which can be a good thing or disastrous!

This morning I've decided we all have to determine what we do with rocks. (Life's challenges)

We can throw a rock, aimed at someone else, mentally hopefully not physically! (Anger)
We can sit on a rock, do nothing and not even think.(Lazy)
We can pick up a rock and do something hard. (Pro-active)
We can roll over a rock, ignore the hard thing before us. (Procrastination)
We can get conked on the head by a rock, pitched by someone else, we may have deserved it or maybe not. (Wounded)
We can collect rocks and stack them up. (Unforgiveness)
We can build a wall of rocks that separate us from other people. (Judgemental attitude.)

Boy, this whole thing is almost poetic!!! I'm on a roll!!
I could rock on, rock out and even dream of becoming a ROCK STAR!

Then, there is another definition of ROCK.

"The Lord is my ROCK, my fortress and my deliverer."  Ps. 18:2
"The Lord lives! Praise be to my ROCK." Ps 18:46

"O Lord, my ROCK and my Redeemer." Ps 19:14
"To You I call, O Lord my ROCK." Ps.28:1

"Lead me to the ROCK that is higher than I.  Ps. 61:2
"Be my ROCK of refuge, to which I can always go, for you are my ROCK and my fortress."  Ps. 71:3

"The Lord is upright, he is my ROCK and there is no wickedness in Him." Ps. 92:15
"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the ROCK eternal." Ps. 26:4

"I will put you in a cleft in the ROCK and cover you with my hand." Exodus 33:22
"They drank from the spiritual ROCK and that ROCK was Christ." I Cor. 10:3

"On this ROCK I will build my church."  Matthew 16:18

Protection, sustenance, stability, strength, soaring majesty! 

Why would the ROCK OF AGES reveal Himself to me? Incredible love and grace!

I'm feeling better already!















No comments:

Post a Comment