Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TAKE A SNIFF OF THIS!

This is the view outside my bedroom window.  The smell is intoxicating.  We planted this old fashioned lilac three years ago and have now learned that it takes about three years for any plant to get established! 

I think this is just the beginning of what is about to happen in my backyard!  The Hybrid Iris are growing FAST. I can almost watch the leaves and stems getting taller by the minute.  They will break out into pure joy in a few weeks. (I'll post pictures of that, too, I'm sure.)

The spirea  bush is loaded with buds and will look like a bridal gown when it blooms.  (It's doing a terrific job of hiding some "very important" metal thingy sticking up about 3 feet out of the ground!)

Along the fence the lilies are returning and I spotted an Easter lily popping up in the flower bed.
Yep, spring is busting out all over!  Maybe that awful cold snap didn't kill everything after all.

And  just WHEN was it I became a horticulturalist? And WHEN was it I began to tolerate and actually  appreciate that 'funeral home smell' that permeates everything as I bring all those cut flowers into the house?

SPRING IN OKLAHOMA IS WONDERFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment