Monday, April 29, 2013

BIRD WATCHING

He's looking at me!  And I am looking back!
Hey birdie!  Look at the birdie and smile!  I'm taking your picture!

Yes! This is what old people do on slow Sunday afternoons. Honeybuns and I sat in ROCKING CHAIRS on the back patio and waited for this guy and his cousins to come for a snack!  Free entertainment for about 20 minutes.

When the yellow finches arrive, it is CERTAINLY spring!  They are beautiful! I have counted as many as 15 hanging onto this bird feeder at one time.

But, just one turn of the head, sneeze, or slight movement sends them off lickity split!  They're pretty skittish!

So, what's up with that?  We were not about to harm them or try to catch them.

I guess it's the old "fight or flight" syndrome, and since they are designed beautifully with those tiny feathered wings, they can and they DO choose FLIGHT!

What talent!  I'm sure mankind has envied birds since the garden of Eden.

Wouldn't it be fab to be able to lift my arms and SOAR?  I  doubt I would be so easily frightened, BUT, it would be nice to "lift off" when the laundry is piled up, relationships flare up, or expectations rise up.

 Escape!  Yep!  That's what this finch is doing!

Evidently I/we are not supposed to escape every time something goes awry, or we'd have feathers, too.

Perhaps we're supposed to live and learn right here at ground level.

(I have a crazy FEAR of heights anyway, it would never work!)

So, the bird fears me and I fear heights.  Evidently this whole thing is working out the way it's supposed to. While he's flitting around today, I guess I'll go do laundry!






No comments:

Post a Comment