Monday, January 16, 2012

THE FASHION POLICE ARE COMING

I just heard it on the news.  Louisiana is  trying to pass a law that forbids anyone from wearing their Jammie's in public. Evidently it all started at a local Walmart store.  Someone was arrested for "indecent exposure" and had their jams on at the time. 

Well, who is surprised at that one?  If you've been to Walmart recently you've seen the latest craze.  It's those long flannel pajamas in a variety of delicious patterns and colors parading up and down the aisle.  (IF you need to know what really goes on at my favorite store all hours of the day and night, go to: thepeopleofWalmart online  It is hilarious!)

And before we label Walmart as the only place in town where this happens, let me tell you what I saw in Dallas recently.  I was shopping the after Christmas sales with my daughter-in-law at one of the higher end designer outdoor malls when we happen to drive by one of those wonderful swanky restaurants that defines that part of town.  Coming out  the door was a middle aged woman decked out in her full length GORGEOUS mink coat.  As she swirled into the parking lot with her coat unbuttoned the world got a view of this years favorite Christmas gift.  She was wearing her brand new pink and gray giraffe-printed flannel pajamas.  They had that "never been washed" look.  I'm sure they were extra warm and cozy.

 Just saying.......it happens everywhere!

As a people watcher, I am entertained by what people are willing to display in public on their bodies.  I always give those in their nightclothes the benefit of the doubt thinking that maybe they just woke up in the early morning hours and discovered they were out of milk, bread or eggs and needed to make a quick run to the store for breakfast, or  for brunch at a swanky restaurant as in the Dallas sighting.

 Then there are the teenagers that sport their sleeping attire at all hours of the day and night at the grocery.  But, then again, they sleep at odd times and who knows?? Who am I to say?

Evidently now the good folks of the south think it's time to do something about it!  Well, good luck! 

How can they outlaw pj's and ignore "below the hinney" jeans, human flesh hanging out of a way too small  cut off t-shirt, ladies in long denim skirts dragging the floor  or the infamous "plumbers problem?"  I'm wondering what kind of fine I will have to pay for my outdated baggy sweats and platform tennies that I wear to clean the house and then realize I need to make an errand run to the store?

I can see how this could turn into a constitutional crisis quickly, freedom of expression and all!

And now for your entertainment, I present this picture of my newest winter look.  These red, footed, monkey feet Jammie's were a Christmas gift to my sister and me.  Enjoy it quick.  You'll not be seeing these outside the walls of the house!


Maybe if the fashion police law is passed it should included pictures like this posted on the internet! Flattering, aren't they????   We will plead guilty of public indency and throw ourselves on the mercy of the court!

No comments:

Post a Comment