Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CHRISTMAS IN APRIL???


Well, Merry Christmas (in April) to ME!!

Last December 23rd all the shopping, decorating, wrapping and baking was done so, on a whim, I decided to "start" a Christmas quilt. It took 3 days to cut, piece, place and sew all these colors into place.  A month or so later I contacted the famous area quilter so she could do her magic!  Needless to say, it was NOT done by the 25th.  BUT, today it is!

Mary Covey of Jenks, OK returned it to me with all the stitched feathers, circles, and curl-i-ques in their appropriate places.  She is great, no wonder she is in such high demand.

The picture doesn't do it justice, as they say!  It is a scrappy quilt made of  beautiful new fabrics and some old ones I found in the stash closet.  There are poinsettias, gingerbread men, pine cones, holly berries, red roses, stars, squares, rectangles, borders and mitered corners.  The back is a cream and black print with a border of that same cream and black checked.  So fun!

This one will become an heirloom and will stay in my house.  I've made and given away so many of these "works of art" that my bed was "quilt poor."  (Also, I'm counting on one or two granddaughters loving this!)  Our bed will look super festive next November-December, and maybe even this week!

Hobbies!  I have so many and enjoy each one fully.  I have enough ideas/supplies stored away in closets to last a lifetime. It will be impossible to live long enough to get them all done!  It seems that during stressful times I simply HAVE TO CREATE something.  Perhaps it's a way to control SOMETHING when EVERYTHING else seems to be so out of control.

Maybe I analyze too much.

It's healthy for me to do something with my hands!

NOW...on to the flower garden.  Today is the day to PLANT GOURDS!



1 comment: