Tuesday, August 28, 2012

OATMEAL


Well, I DO feel like a fool!  I thought I'd invented this, but then checked on the world-wide-web and discovered I'm WAY behind the curve when it comes to OATMEAL!  Evidently millions of women and a popular fast-food chain have already discovered this. 

BUT, I'm inserting it in my blog anyway. (For future Braner generations!)

Find yourself a microwaveable bowl.....one with high sides.  (it might "boil" over)
Put 1/2 cup of Old Fashioned Quaker oatmeal in the bowl, add 1 cup of water and microwave for 3 min.
Stir it up a little and add:  chopped walnuts, dried cranberries,  diced apple, a tablespoon of brown sugar, fried crispy bacon bits and a little milk.  (Leave out the things you don't like!)

You will be AMAZED at the goodness.  Thompson would rub his tummy and say...."Num, Num, Num, Num,"  It'll make your heart SING!

Better than McDonalds!

Now, what ELSE can I re-invent today?

2 comments:

  1. Hi friend!! Nominating you for a little blogging award today, check out the details at my blog. You don't have to participate but I hope a few of my readers wander your way...

    ReplyDelete