Sunday, February 3, 2013

ANDY AND GABBY'S VISIT TO TULSA

We've had a great 4 days!   Andy and Gabby arrived last Wednesday afternoon and left today.  We knew Andy was coming to Tulsa to speak to various groups but Gabby was the big surprise!

What a great surprise!  (Thanks for letting her come, Jamie.) She insisted she skip school and come along because she needed a "day off!!!"  from kindergarten!  I think she was sufficiently spoiled and loved on.  She can go back to school tomorrow re- energized and refreshed!

I'm not sure Andy is refreshed, it was a "working" trip for him. He spent most of his time in front of groups talking about the main issue teens face today and inviting them to PARADISE.  Parents and teens alike are now longing  to spend a couple of weeks at Camp KIVU this summer, located outside of Durango, Colorado. (Get online and sign up NOW people! Spaces are being reserved as I write this!)

As parents of the speaker and grandparents of one of the cutest little girls in the world, we got to tag along as he rushed from one event to another. (In a couple of places I  tried to be cashier as people clamored for his books, most recent one ALONE.)

As a "totally unbiased" bystander in the audience, I can truly report:  This young man is brilliant! In fact, I heard that from some other folks in one audience as well!

He has done extensive research on the State of the Teen-age Union, the struggles teens and parents face today, interfaith issues around the globe, and the condition of the human heart that resides within us all. I watched as folks of all ages responded to his heartfelt, passionate, fun, entertaining and loving explanations. People were "tweeting" after the meetings, quoting him.

 There is no doubt that lives were changed as several hundred pondered their loneliness, confusion and faith issues. Next week he will lead the Youth Initiative at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington D.C.

I am so proud of the work he is doing, and thanking GOD for HIS hand on his life.

He's fighting a virus and a longing to be home with Jamie and the other 4 kiddos. He misses them so much when he is traveling. Tonight he and Gabby are  flying to that spot where they belong. HOME!

I tried to convince Gabby to stay with us until she was 14 or so, but even though she had a super duper time here, she didn't want to be away from her family. She told me that when she is "grown up and a mommy," I could live with her!  Well, I'm looking forward to that!  That day will be here before I turn around twice!

That's what happened with ANDY!  I turned around twice and he grew up, and became a terrific, godly young man.








No comments:

Post a Comment